The purpose of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is to provide a clear and comprehensive national mandate for the elimination of discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
Not making reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual.
Denying a job to a qualified applicant based on a need to make an accommodation.
- A person who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
Reasonable Accommodation may include:
- Making existing facilities accessible
- Job restructuring
- Part-time or modified work schedules
- Acquiring equipment or devices
- Adjustment to examinations
- Qualified readers or interpreters
- Or similar accommodations